RP [Phoenix Team] - See Inside

Discussion in 'Phoenix Team' started by Luca, Mar 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Breyja was currently down to her sports bra and wearing her fatigue pants and boots on the other end of the warehouse humming a jaunty little tune the likes of which included the verse of 'Napalm sticks like Glue, Sticks to vegetables and policemen too.' She was off in her own little world and sporting a bruise on her cheek where a officer had just so happened to 'accidentally' catch her with the butt of his rifle in passing when they filed out.

The bruise was slowly fading but it'd be there for a bit more. She had another scrub brush and was actively working at the splatter marks of one of her victims that had caught a groin to chest spray of rounds from her. Breyja was, for the most part content to let the adrenaline die down and everything else to settle before she stretched and chucked the brush into her own bucket with a loud yawn and the cracking of her back as she arched it, "Hol-Eee shit! What. A. Day."

She hadn't caught much of the conversation until her name was mentioned and she merely blinked and moved towards her bike to collect her shirt and jacket. Her conspiratorial-ism could wait for a later date when she had more time to corner Luca and get straight answers. That wasn't going to happen with the Unit sitting there. So she did the next best thing as she wandered over towards him and the Unit, "Yeah yeah - I'm leaving Bee-Tee-Dubs, Luca. I'll drop in tomorrow to chew the fat, Got something you might have the resources to have a look at, or the connections at any rate."

She made sure he caught a good look at the vial full of veggie-man-turned-veggie-mite in the palm of her hand before she shoved it into a pocket and grinned before waving at the unit with her other hand, "Stay frosty, tin-can." And out the side door with her bike she went.

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Snuffles, now disarmed, went to find the kettle. Something that was once roughly kettle shaped was found and Snuffles walked over to offer if to the UNIT in hospitality. But as the UNIT made it clear that it wanted everyone but Luca to leave, the kettle was dropped on the floor in a heartbeat and Snuffles walked over to Johnny Longhands and collected a its bird.

"What took you so long?" Sparrow asked loudly before being stuffed down the front of Snuffles' jacket with a protesting squawk.

"Next time I'm bringing a gun." Snuffles said simply, before swinging a leg over the mountain crawler, putting on its helmet, and rolling out with a last look back.

3. Sham

Sham Member

Ravnir played 'nice' with the rest of the officers until they decided to leave. After catching his breath and having something to drink, he opted to remove the stone barrier that had replaced the roller door with a mutter of 'Sarsk'. He figured it would be rather inconvenient for the garage to be permanently blocked off. Afterwards, he mused about the event in its entirety, spending a few moments looking over the stains of green goo that covered the warehouse. Vegetable people or something like it. That's what the others said they were anyway. They reminded him briefly of clone soldiers that were whispered about back home. Of course, he had never seen green vegetable soldiers at home. Or at least, he didn't remember seeing any. His hand almost reflexively rose to his chin as he hummed.

"Hmmm... have I? No, no. I don't think so. I think I would remember something like that. Or maybe they were very cleverly disguised. Hmm. Mmm." He hardly noticed the Unit directing him to leave or the others taking their leave as well. As it were, he eventually wandered outside and started walking around, all the while musing about whether or not he had seen vegetable soldiers before. His thinking aloud would certainly draw a few glances from the 'normal' crowd.

He would eventually determine that he had, in fact, never seen a vegetable person before, as the day drew towards its close. Ravnir found sleeping arrangements as he usually did, trading favors, like throwing out a rowdy patron and their groupies. Sometimes he'd be offered a room by his appearance alone, along with the general consensus that Raiken were violent and more than eager to punch someone who denied them. Not this time, though.

4. Luca

Luca Administrator Staff Member

55 Midway Beach, Mano A Mano (And Gigante)
    Late at Night, Overcast and chilly

Some Time Later...

♫ death's dynamic shroud.wmv - F∞ ベースキャンプ『FOREVER』 ♫

"So its just us." Luca stated plainly, letting the electronic hum of projected hardlight from the Unit fill the air. In the silence of the evening air and breeze through the holes in the skylight above, the atmosphere of muggy night air, stale gunsmoke, and fluorescent lighting coming together to end another day. "Come to question why I'm what I do again?" The feeling of bitterness from years ago when EAD went up in controversy and fire had never left his palette, a scowl growing across his face as he crossed his arms. With the thrill of combat passed and yet more questions on his hands than he wanted, he was sullen.

"Hardly. You've done Sargasso a service today." The Unit stated, nodding earnestly. "You've shown what an EAD can do as a force for greater good in broad daylight, rather than fighting for self-interest or vested interests," The Unit could see that Luca wasn't having any of it - watching him head for the kitchen and raiding the medicine cabinet. "Not unlike those you fought against when EAD was in its terminal stages."

Luca's gaze flicked towards the Unit, eyebrow raised as he had a canister of medical spray in his hands. He sat himself down, peeling his jacket and under-armour away to assess the areas of damage. Yttrium shadowed him, squatting by the table as she watched him wrap a bandage around his waist - the blunt end of the crayfish's claw didn't break anything important, but the shades of purple welling up over his ribs and bullet bruises dotted around his chest and arms - with one bullet strike managing to get dangerously close to his neck.

"I had no idea what I was doing back then," he sighed, placing the spray can down as he took a few deep breaths to ensure his breathing was still in good shape, "it was as much as it was for my own survival as it was for the organisation's reputation." Luca dabbed the spots of blood on him off the sleeves of his jacket, and off of his pants. "Now all of us EADs are out of work and restless, scattered to the galaxy, became the villains we were all suspected of being, arrested, dead, or worse - dead inside."

"Deny it as you might, you were, and can be a better person than you think." The Unit tried to rally Luca, as he was rubbing the sleep and grit out of his eye with his middle finger, "...even if your attitude could do with some work."

"Please, he's been shot at, ridiculed for what he does, and he's very, very tired." Yttrium spoke up for him, dropping one of her metal arms around him and setting him upright, helping him to his feet. "Can't you leave him alone...?" Luca was surprised that Yttrium was sticking up for him, trying to suppress a smile - and the Unit could see it.

"I will soon. I have something to offer you with no strings attached, as Mr. Longhands would say." The Unit produced a chit and placed it on the table. "You and the 'Team' of locals you have drawn to your cause will receive a blank cheque for your beneficial activities from the Units, and from Police and UDD where possible." Luca leaned over and inspected the chit, turning it over in his fingers. "In addition, we can get your business licenses and fees waived through in return for dealing with the Weird Thing this afternoon."

"How come? That sounds dangerous..." Yttrium said, big eye blinking as she saw Luca's dour expression melt away slowly. This wasn't what she had in mind for her troubleshooting organisation with Luca, but having Unit approval was one less thing to worry about.

"Are you sure?" Luca asked, raising an eyebrow at the offer of free mayhem - so long as it was for the public good. "Even if I was on my best behaviour, I can't guarantee what I do best goes quietly." He put the chit down and slid it back over. "Plus, its kind of personal - with it all going back to Tanhauss." Yttrium looked aside sheepishly, and Luca got her attention by drumming beneath her chin. "Don't worry Blue, they're going to get what's coming one way or another."

"Let us worry about what you cannot control. I can trust you to be dangerous-" The Unit reassured him "-towards the gangs, malign elements and influences residing in Sargasso. You have my word on that, Phoenix."

Luca gave the chit on the table another look, and snatched it up.

>END!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice