RP [Phoenix Team] - See Inside

Discussion in 'Phoenix Team' started by Luca, Mar 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Moogle

Moogle Administrator Staff Member

Seiren finally hung up, a light scowl on his face.

"Honestly, running a business is more trouble than it's worth sometimes. . ." Seiren sighed, taking a piece of crab. After deciding he didn't feel much like seafood, he turned to Luca and said, "My factory manager. And sort of Vice President. She keeps the place shipshape while I'm off doing these things."

He turned to Breyja to finally answer her question.

"We met because I was hunting rock monsters and he happened to be by at the time. Alien rock monsters. From space. At least I *think* they're life enough to be considered alien and not a construct. It's kind of hard to get a sample since they tend to bring all the rocks nearby to life." He said, spooling spaghetti around a sausage before popping it into his mouth.

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

After Alison brushed past, dismissing the mug problem, Snuffles stood still holding the mug in front of them for a few seconds, blinked, and then dropped it on the floor carelessly and turned to join the table, leaning over sniff at the meat skewers, a long tongue darting out to lap against one softly as a taste test.

"I met Luca in a mall. On my mountain crawler. Cops chasing us. It was fun."

Snuffles gently took a clawed hand to one of the skewers, picking it up and nipping at the side and pulling at a piece of meat with their sharp teeth.

"I was right, the little ones do taste better." it said out the side of its mouth as it pulled at the stubborn piece of seafood.

"You left me in a parking lot for nine hours!" Sparrow interjected hurtfully.
    The bird-like creature hopping up the quilted sleeve of Snuffles' jacket with his claws to the aliens high shoulder and putting its put against the side of the aliens head annoyingly.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  3. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Breyja spent the time listening to everyone talk eating. And drinking. Actually it was spent mostly drinking because the alcohol was good, and the skewer held in her other hand was nearly gone as she sat the drink down, listened to the collected stories of past meetings with Luca. And her grin turned sheepish, "Damn. Mine almost sounds downright negligible in that case." Another skewer found it's way to replace the lack of skewered meat in her hand, "I got hired to help some local go down into some tunnels and rescue a celebrity from some paramilitary group. Turns out Luca rubs shoulders with interesting people. I actually didn't have to patch anyone up then, or today. Two for Two, Best medic ever."

She spent little time worrying about the details as she watched the parrot return, "That could have been worse - He could have forgotten you and Animal control coulda shown up?"

4. Sham

Sham Member

Ravnir was quick to finish off his food and drink, leaning back with a sigh after the last bite. It wasn't every day that a worthy fight stirred up the blood. It was something he missed most while away from his homeworld. Spars and hunts just weren't the same most of the time. His gaze inevitably returned to Luca and his troupe. The Man in Red seemed like someone who found himself in situations like the one outside more often than most. He reached up to rub his chin, but snapped his fingers instead. "Ah, why didn't I think of that sooner?" He said to no one in particular.

He stood up, covering the distance between his table and Luca's in a matter of strides, his tail dragging on the floor behind him. When he was little more than a meter from the table, he spoke to Luca, his booming voice easily heard by just about anyone. "I hear that you find yourself in danger often, Luca Pavone. Permit me to join your pack for fights. Greater honor for us all and the favor of the Roshya." He extended a hand, as Ravnir had found customary to humans, although if Luca had been paying much attention to his strength, he might consider not shaking. If he valued his hand and its structural integrity.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  5. Luca

Luca Administrator Staff Member

The Hero's Armaments, At the Table
    Luca had noticed something about all of the stories thus far: Every meeting thus far, and the relationship which defined the Phoenix Team at the moment had been forged through a fight. For a day job, it certainly beat brushing - the memories thus far included dangerous driving, a wipeout at the beach, and going spelunking - all with a dash of violence to spice things up. After seeing all of his acquaintances in action plus a fortuitous addition, he felt content - this was a good 'Team' to start the business of troubleshooting with.

"I'll have to introduce you all to Yttrium later when we head down to the warehouse." Luca said, "she's the face of our operation, been staying low on account of, er-" he glanced towards Breyja "-you know those guys we shot at? Long story as to why they don't like me - she's involved." As Luca reached for his beer, he noticed a tremor rippling on its surface and narrowed the cause down to the approaching Raiken.

Perhaps the talk of all the conflict what drew Ravnir to Luca, confirmed by the alien pointing out how often the man in red found himself in hot water. "Yeah, funny about that," Luca replied to the Raiken, "I'm a magnet for it. I'll add you to the groupchat and keep you in the loop if anything fun comes up." He was about to accept the handshake, but he quickly remembered how much strength was in those arms and how he swung that blade around.

Luca didn't want to consider the force of the enormous (though still slender) alien's grip, and simply gave the Raiken a thumbs up. "I'd shake your hand but I value my hand's ability to punch things." He flashed them a smile before a question popped into his head, "also who's Roshya?" There was a spare chair at the table, but perhaps it would have been for the best if Ravnir remained standing.

6. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Breyja's lips twitched in amusement when most of the members brought up their meetings and how they all knew Luca. A light bob of her head confirmed she was still listening as she finished off a skewer, "Alien rock monsters, Cop chases, now this, shooting jerkass kidnappers... Fighting giant magical crustaceans..." That was said over her munching on the last bite of her own, Ravnirs arrival at the table got a good eyeballing from Breyja. A bit of what he said registered, most of it however she hadn't much clue about. Which meant she'd probably spend some time in study later, she did make it a point of looking up strange races and weird things so she knew how to put them together if she had to, "I'd venture to guess the Roshya is either the Deity of choice, or his resident Weird Thing he believes in."

That prompted a thought as she turned and pointed to Luca, "This is twice you brought up Yttrium - I'm holding you to that meeting now."

7. Moogle

"Rescuing a celebrity, huh? I didn't know that was you. Still, a dealing with the same guys twice?" Seiren asked, eyes flicking from Luca to Breyja. "Tho, with a name like Yttrium she's either an eccentric oddbody or an alien? Most folks don't really name themselves after metals."

He flicked his eyes back on Luca, and then to Snuffles. "And why on earth were you being chased by cops? Some more of that EAD bologna I keep hearing about?"

Seiren eyed the giant lizard battlemage cautiously as he extended his offer of friendship to Luca.

8. Sham

Sham Member

Ravnir dropped his hand, remembering himself that even if he knew that humans liked shaking hands, it'd still be a disaster if he tried. He couldn't help but stare at Luca a little critically, a frown touching his lips. "Who are the Roshya? That is like asking why the sun rises!" The Raiken turned for a brief moment to snag one of the sturdier chairs with his tail, pulling it over before taking a seat, still regarding Luca. "The Roshya are the greatest heroes this galaxy has ever known. It is every Raiken's dream to rise to such fame and honor. They lend their strength and knowledge to all aspiring heroes." He laughed a little to himself before continuing. "They don't watch over you squishy humans, but perhaps with me in company, you'll earn a few glances. A true honor to be regarded by them."

After speaking, he looked around the table, studying each member a little closer, now that they weren't fighting a giant shrimp crab. Two more humans and... a Chelti. He regarded the Chelti, Snuffles, a tad longer than the others. The Chelti were strange creatures, moreso than the squishy humans.

9. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

"Cops like me." Snuffles replied lazily from around a piece of rubbery meat they were still trying to tear off the skewer.

Then the big alien growled at the claw pressing against the side of their face from their bird shaped companion and tore off a small piece and let the bird snatch it out from between their teeth. The bird sat back happily upon the shoulder of the aliens jacket and attempted to chew with its beak.

"What's eii-ay-dee? Is it tasty?" Snuffles asked, taking another bite against the side of the skewer.

The alien turned slowly towards Ravnir as he regarded them, one red eye peering back at him.

"My food is staring at me."

10. Luca

The Hero's Armaments, At the Table
    Luca snapped his fingers at Seiren, pointing to him. "Yup. Gerald Ewings," he filled the blank for the inventor, "with any luck we get a new big monster movie hitting the big screens sometime soon." The team still had a favour from their client, the Sourcian actress Elena.

"I recognised a couple of the bikers in the mayhem being on bounty lists," Luca replied to Seiren's query about the brawl in the mall. He got paid quite a bit for the ones he was confirmed as taking out, according to footage from CCTV, news drones, and police testimony. "I was doing civic duty and I think the cops mistook us for one of them." Snuffles' take on the incident was a bit different to Luca's recollection of events, but both came out of it with something they wanted.

Hearing the Raiken's explanation of the Roshya, Luca wondered quietly if getting noticed by the Roshya was something a nine foot tall lizard with a magic greatsword was normal. "You want them to notice you, like notice notice you?" He asked with a cheeky grin, the turn of phrase coming from those slice-of-life school comedies he kept seeing on TV which would've gone over the Raiken's head.

However, in the back of his mind, Luca could hear the questions from his team regarding EAD - and he couldn't ignore them forever. "As for EAD, it's better if I show you all what we're getting into." His usual levity regarding an incoming fight evaporated. "I have the files on some local EADs and what I intend to do with Tanhauss at my warehouse," everyone except for Ravnir knew where he was talking about: Fifty five Midway beach down southwest in Dripton.

By this time, Luca had finished off his steak and had an empty mug of beer to his side. Aside from crab skewers and grabbing from the bread bowl in the middle of the table, there wasn't much else for him to eat; By now the others would've gotten close to finishing off their meals too. "We can head down when we're done here; Hey Ally-" He raised his hand to get the woman's attention, "-is all this going on my tab?"

"Nah!" The redhaired waitress replied from behind the bar, waiting for orders to get plated up. "You lot earned it!"

With that settled, Luca sent his contacts a message to come down to the Warehouse ahead of him and the gang. Johnny had spare keys and was already making his way down during a quiet afternoon, and Yttrium was already there laying low.

11. Moogle

"Attack of the 50 foot crawdad, I hope," Seiren said. "I think I saw the one about the creeping horror that they did. Forget what it was called though."

His comm buzzed twice. Seiren whipped it out and nodded to its message's contents.

"Our ride's here. Don't know about the big, scaly guy, but can definitely seat the rest of you, if you don't have a lift there already. Luca, location?" He asked.

Minutes later, Seiren went outside to go to a hover-limo. Admittedly, it was the company limo, but it worked well for transporting multiple persons in style.

12. Sham

Sham Member

Ravnir blinked a couple times at Luca, cocking his head slightly to the side as he replied. "Hmm... yes...?" He wasn't quite sure what Luca was getting at. As far as he was concerned, being noticed in any capacity by the Roshya was a blessing. Except if it wasn't. Generally it was.

He was only further confused when he heard what Snuffles had said. He wondered briefly if he had made a good decision in attempting to join this group. Plentiful danger or not. He turned around for a moment, checking to make sure some sort of food monster wasn't standing behind him. He really wouldn't have been surprised if one had been. "Eh, food...?" He started to say, before the implications of the statement snapped into place. He frowned and glared at the Chelti. "No. I am not food. But you could be soon enough. I wouldn't eat you though. I imagine the taste is terrible."

In replying to the Chelti, he missed most of what Luca had said. EAD and some place midway to a beach. And there was a ton of dripping. He didn't quite get that last part, but he assumed it made sense to everyone else.

Ravnir grunted at being referred to as 'the big scaly guy' by the pipsqueak squishy human, but Seiren had a point. It took a special kind of transport for him. Generally not found everywhere, but Sargasso was quite the melting pot. He could probably find something if he looked. "Considering I could probably throw your ride, I think it better if I find another way. I don't mind walking either." Endurance was certainly something a Raiken never lacked in.

13. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Snuffles peered out the window at the sleek limo as they finished their meat skewer, tossing the last scrap to Sparrow, the bird-thing pet. A clawed hand went to the large helmet on the table and split it open, and putting it over their head.

"I'll take my crawler. But thanks for the offer, small human."

14. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Breyja was picking the skewer clean and finishing the dregs of her drink when the tab and meal were called out on the house. Now she had regrets that she hadn't ordered something more expensive. She had curious appetites and a few items on the menu looked like they'd have been interesting. Ah well. As the conversation swung around on how they all met and knew Luca, He saw fit to divulge and invite. Ravnir's explanation of the Rohsya was satisfying, reminded her something of the Maidenhand religion being centered upon the blessings and favor of the Goddess. Standing up and stretching out Breyja stacked the plate and drink before sauntering towards the door when Luca brought up the suggestion of everyone meeting at the warehouse, and the possible explanations of things to come from there? Well. Now he had her attention.

For once she wished she hadn't brought the bike when a limo was mentioned, "I'd rather not leave my bike on this side of town, Thanks for the limo service though."

15. Luca

The Hero's Armaments, Getting a Move On
    "55, Midway Beach, Dripton," Luca repeated for everyone present, "just follow Breyja, Snuffles, and I on our bikes, or Seiren's ..." Luca noticed the black vehicle pulling up outside, unable to taxi its way into the parking lot and stopping beside the nature strip. "Huh, bit posh." He said, turning attention to his motorcycle - and behind it, Snuffles' monstrous halftrack, and Breyja's grey sports bike.

A devilish grin lit up on Luca's face, and he nudged Breyja in the ribs as the team made their way out. "Hey, race you there," he said, walking towards his motorcycle and hopping on. Soon the engines were on, the proverbial green flag dropped, and it was a few minute's ride towards Midway beach. Ravnir would have an easy time following them. Worse to worse, there was a bus which went every few minutes, stopping outside the pub. Its route had a stop which would only be a few minutes' walk away from the location. Sargasso busses were made to deal with all sorts of customers, and soft topped for huge clients.

Dripton, 55 Midway Beach
    Evening, light showers, balmy weather

♫ Marvel83' - Laguna Hills ♫

With a click of a button, a roller door clattered open - two wheels passing under, followed by two more, and one with tank treads. Seiren's limousine pulled up outside the warehouse, and out of place amongst the backstreets and industrial outskirts of Dripton's bustling cafes and plazas. After all, for everything passed around the Night Markets or over the registers of the dozens of brick and mortar establishments and had to be kept somewhere. Luca's little garage blended right in with the scenery.

If anything, the street was a misnomer; The built-up (and down) and spread out storage facilities and the backlots of cafes and shops blocked any view of the western beaches of Sargasso, and if you looked down Midway Beach, you could see the waterline at the southern end, through a plaza stuffed with umbrellas and tents to fight the drizzle. In short, there was no good view of the ocean, but you could hear it if you squinted.

The interior of the garage was kept a lot better than expected - some rugs had been added to the meeting space back of the warehouse, and previously temporary barriers had been replaced with sturdier constructions, effectively separating the bunk beds and the kitchenette while giving the workshop real estate to hang tools on. The vehicle storage capacities of the warehouse had been preserved in full despite the new additions, though the space was currently occupied by a few boxes.

Atop the crates was a man in a burgundy sweater, scruffy long and dishevelled hair and an equally uproarious beard, and thick black sunglasses; Luca had expected the merchant Johnny Longhands to be here, he didn't anticipate the recent additions - little perks which made the business of going out, getting hurt, and getting paid worth it. "My favourite customer! Sit, sit, c'mere," he raised one of his metal hands in greeting, while his other limb reached to the floor in a coil, "get yourself out of the rain."

Without looking, the merchant's arm stretched and telescoped behind him and across the room, grabbing a chair from the kitchen and placing it beside Luca whilst not leaving his own seat. "Who're your pals?" Johnny asked, other hand grabbing another chair as he indicated towards the team behind Luca. "Are these these your EAD buddies like the one on the news I keep hearing about?" He seemed coy about the last remark.

"Nah, locals," Luca replied as more chairs got brought in, though he wasn't sure if the Raiken could be considered local - but dining in the same pub was close enough, "guys, Johnny Longhands," he introduced. When Johnny got a sight of the Raiken, they put the chair they'd intended to place aside, and dragged a crate from the formation he was sitting on - it was sturdy enough to survive being spaced, judging by the marks. He could smell the unmistakable scent of petrol in the air, but couldn't see the root cause. "Where's Yttrium?"

The oily giant's hydraulics could be heard whirring in from the workshop, stepping upon legs suitable for a light combat frame and arms lifted from a salvaged battlesuit frame - held together by a buxom, shiny, dark plastic surface of skin, and visually divided by stream of glassy neon hair cascading down from her rabbit-finned headpiece. Her cyclopean gaze cast itself through the room, fixing upon Luca before examining the others.

"Hihi~!" The giant introduced herself with a hypermodulated, peppy voice, squatting around the circle with her hands on the kneepads. "Where'd you find all these people?" She craned her neck at the Raiken: It looked like a dragon and it dwarfed the Crude's fluid height - usually topping at six and a half feet. The single eye looked down to Luca, who chuckled a little.

"You'd be surprised if you went out more often," Luca said, letting his guests settle in and make themselves at home.

Meanwhile...!
    A scooter could be heard pulling up at the end of the street, and there was a canine sitting on it, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses, shining in the evening gloom and xenon-lit streetlights as paws handled a walkie talkie. "Bork bork," it summarised its mission findings succinctly.

"Excellent~!"

The canine also took notice of another figure walking down the road they were on the corner of, in a tracksuit, runners, a singlet, sneakers, and a shifty disposition. The pup recalled analysing Astro's news bulletin on the prison bus breakout, and recognised the individual as 'Frankie'. The person of interest and teflon-coated Tanhauss quisling was snooping around Dripton, and the pup saw fit to relay the information to his handler.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  16. Moogle

Seiren left his car with a casual swing, letting the vehicle drive away without him. His entry into the garage-base-apartment-place was as casual, taking in the limited sights of the warehouse. He raised his eyebrows at the eponymous Johnny Longhands and his long hands. He gave a nod to the Crude who introduced herself.

"Hi! I'm Seiren. Nice to meetcha," he said. He gave the Crude a careful once-over before asking, "So you're Yttrium, right? What kind of alien are you? You kinda remind me of those Sourcians, but I can't say I've ever seen one with your uh. . . attributes."

17. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Snuffles parked the mountain crawler and hopped off, taking apart their helmet as they walked across the motor pool to the living area. The mountain crawler was too slow to be competitive in highway races, but the tracked vehicle had its own advantages. One of which being that it didn't look like a toy when the large alien sat astride it. As they approached the alien pulled down the zipper on its jacket and its bird-thing pet popped out with a huff and a few loose feathers before taking alight on a high point to watch imperiously from above.

"The shiny one looks different in daylight." Snuffles commented easily.

The big alien looked at the spools of limb on the floor as they took a seat and sat back.

"Nice flanges."

18. Sham

Sham Member

Ravnir looked around as he slowed his jog. He was a bit late, but even after jogging the entire way without stopping, he still wasn't out of breath. He didn't really notice the rain either, although the water clung to his clothes. He sized up the warehouse, noting the '55 Midway Beach' address on the front. "Certainly no beach here. Hmm. Strange." He spent a moment contemplating the strangeness of a beach with no beach before shaking his head and thumping his way into the warehouse, spotting everyone else inside.

Ravnir wasn't sure who to inspect first. The bearded human known as 'Johnny Longhands' that had moved a crate for him or the stranger creature known as 'Yttrium'. To him, it looked like some sort of robot, but not. With this in mind, he felt a little uneasy. Friendly enough though... .

He glanced down at Yttrium and Johnny before raising a hand, mimicking a wave. "Ravnir Star Treader. I hail from Ranil'inas, like most of my people." He left out the fact that he couldn't actually return there.

With the introduction out of the way, Ravnir started looking around the warehouse, wondering why Luca needed a base of sorts. And who the EAD were. And if Yttrium was actually a robot. And what exactly they were planning on doing. With all this in mind, Ravnir couldn't help but start rubbing his chin and musing to himself. "Mmmmm...hmmmmm..."

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  19. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

"You're on!" Was Breyja's cheery quip towards Luca as the Maidenhand sprinted to her bike and started it with a roar. Her helmet was strapped on as the machine fully came to life and she didn't waste a moment lifting it up and turning with the things assistance so that she didn't have to take the long way across the parking lot. It was showy, flashy and probably could her her killed one day as the screech of tires marked her departure hot on Luca's heels. There was a fair amount of cursing, swearing and pedestrians flipping the woman the bird as she did her level best to catch up with Luca. The man would easily lose her though as he was familiar with the turns which left Breyja pulling into the garage a few seconds behind him and shooting the man a dirty look, "Cheater." It was in good nature as the helmet came off and she slide from the bike and greeted Johnny with a wave, and then Yttrium made her appearance and got a wave as well before she dropped onto a chair.

20. Luca

Dripton, 55 Midway Beach, Interior
    Evening, light showers, balmy weather

Looking about and taking in the sights, being around Yttrium for long left a lingering smell of petroleum in the air. The warehouse was well ventilated - fans spun above, dispelling the odour. "I'm sort of like an offshoot to Sourcians, if you've ever met one of those, except we're made outta hydrocarbons!" Yttrium replied to Seiren's question, leaning forward as he took a seat. The single eye gazed down at him, while he got an eyeful of her shiny, plastic body. "What about you? You're small for a human..."

"Small, but fierce," Luca added as he looked through his personal files for the reports Decker had sent him, outlining the local former EADs, their methods, and their names. First one to show was going to be Driver's - as they were the first thrust of the spear to get into the public consciousness lately. "Anyway, there was a prison bus break a while ago, down near Fort Swordfish," he said, placing a hologram projector down in the middle of the sitting circle, "I know who did it."

"Codename: Driver. Real name Adam Bodala," Luca started dictating the contents of Driver's personal details file as it started to render into holographic format. On other tabs were a list of his noteworthy missions and deployments, and his post-career monitoring file. The last set of data was the weightiest, detailing the instances where Driver was believed to be an accomplice or a direct perpetrator for a number of crimes, including bounty hunting, sedition, piracy, and dangerous driving.

"I remember when he provided me air support during the sandworm problem on Bias," a couple of photos from the EAD mission file showed Driver at his peak, "the trouble is now..." selected cuts of footage from recent the prison bus ram-raid came up, highlighting the vehicle Driver was using - a tricked out Vaster Tumbler with unusual seams in its bodywork, indicating a type of morphing functionality. "...he has his wheels and wings back. Either whoever's bankrolling him just happened to have a Mil-spec transforming frame," the thin implication being heavy financial backing.

"Maybe he is the frame?" Yttrium said, pointing to something amongst Driver's career choices, including stunt driving and piloting - both pale in comparison to his most noteworthy accreditation. "It says he used to fly with Rotherford!"

The frame running team was known for getting a lot of soldiers who weren't afraid to put their skills back to the test on the circuits. While it was an interesting piece of trivia, Luca didn't see its relevance and continued: "In either case, he was responsible for bailing out a person of interest by the name of Frankie; A fraudster I clipped a few weeks back at the drill derby under the behest of Rex Tannerman."

As Frankie's mugshot appeared, Luca's data files begun spiderwebbing into his links with Gruppen Tanhauss. The wiseguy's connection was provided by Echelon - a contact of Rex's. "We haven't heard from either of them since..." Yttrium commented. There was news about the blast at the drill derby, and everyone knew about it because of the explosion which went off in the pitstop, and not because Luca was an upstanding citizen who cleaned up sports.

It was all a matter of framing, but the addition from Yttrium didn't reflect well on the group's professionalism. Even so, Luca thought it was overrated. "Er, moving on, shortly after I apprehended Frankie and handed him over to Rex's men, I got a home invasion from a Tanhauss hit-squad." Luca stood up, bringing up a picture of Elena, which the Crude diverted her gaze from. "Another one of our clients meanwhile was having trouble with the alleged pharma company."

Their logo appeared in the middle of the information the Phoenix Team had gathered so far, and the picture it painted wasn't pretty. Gruppen Tanhauss seemed to be buying heavy into many local areas, and bankrolling a number of interests and groups throughout Sargasso, including some lobby groups which had the ear of Dianne Proctor. However, there were also reports of Tanhauss dragging companies through courts, dodging environmental protections, or their expanding business portfolio including a prison complex, amongst other small scandals and irregularities. "They've got some big plans for here..." Yttrium said, modulated voice quiet and tinny as she narrowed her eye at the logo.

"Finding what happened to Ewings' business was the tip of the iceberg." The portrait of the director appeared, along with a couple of snapshots of when Luca and Breyja bailed him out, bloody. "I asked what they did to his business a couple of days ago. He said they kept moving the goalposts once the contracts were underway, and they brought him out when the debt ballooned sufficiently." The maidenhand would remember this piece of the puzzle clearest.

"Also, I may have, um, annoyed Tanhauss' higher ups by making a miscalculation or two." Yttrium admitted, arm scratching behind her head as a luminescent blush came across her cheeks.

"And because I bailed you out way back when, both of us are on their shit list." Luca crossed his arms, "with this in mind, I've taken it upon myself to uncover the extent of their shady connections in town and keep Sargasso's interests ahead of theirs," the effects recently had been clear, "local businesses have been subverted, crime's going out of control, the police seem to have their hands tied - and they are not equipped to deal with Driver." He heaved a sigh, curling his fingers into a loose fist and tapping his knuckles against his forehead.

"But, I could just be doing this all because I'm used to pushing back when I'm pushed, or because I haven't had this much fun in months," Luca admitted, a predatory grin came across his face, fingers steepled as he sized up at his recruits, "like Driver, I'm very good at what I do," which boiled down to acts of violence done quickly and ruthlessly, "and I couldn't not do it after EAD fell apart, so I took up brushing. I got sick of it after a while," he made a nonchalant shrug, "but, Yttrium came and she figured, why not clean up town and put my combat skills to something other than zombies or kaiju mites?"

He retrieved his holographic projector from the circle, image lingering in the midst of the group before fading away. "I gave it some thought and I was hesitant to the idea at first, but I decided this was the best thing to do once Driver came into the picture." He pocketed the thing, frowning. "If we can find other ways to get Tanhauss' hooks out of this town and get the gangs out, we do it." Luca explained, cracking his knuckles. "If people need help, we help them. If people need their ass kicked..." He looked to the oily giant to finish the line.

"We kick them!" She said, bright and bubbly as she raised a leg to mimic a fighting stance. "Any questions?" Yttrium asked, looking about the team.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice