RP [Phoenix Team] - Because we Can

Discussion in 'Phoenix Team' started by Luca, Jul 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Luca

Luca Administrator Staff Member

Because we can can can!
    Because we can can can can can can can can can!

♫ Fatboy Slim - Because We Can ♫

Sargasso, Featherwell, Panda Candy Factory
    Mid-Morning, overcast with southerly winds - clearing this afternoon

A black sedan pulled up at the gates of the factory, engine coming to a stop as doors opened and men in blue suits approached the reception area of the factory campus. Throughout the lobby and behind the manager's desk they were led to by a helpful receptionist, the logo for the Galacta Candy brand of confections was hung, sweet and bright, contrasting the manager's dour mood as the two men approached the desk.

Something about the way the two Mindeye men approaching the front desk were dressed was giving the serpentine Oddbody second-in-command named Abhiya a sense of unease, the overwhelming amount of blue on their persons bordering on garish. "Hello, we'd like to speak to Mr. Isbala," The first man, a blonde with smooth and indistinct features said, jovial, carefree, and completely unaware of how blue he was.

"We would like to discuss how we think partnership with the Blue Sky Society-" the other man, a redhead completed his friend's sentence, smiling along. Upon their blazers, buttons and crystals were pinned through the lapel - eliminating any further doubt as to the organisation the two belonged to: All these little indicators and markers of these little 'local initiatives' bankrolled by the introspective think-tank.

A practiced response fell out of Abhiya's mouth. "Galacta Candy is currently not seeking partnerships of any sort due to the profitable and wide-reaching joint venture with Cloverpaw. I suggest coming back after the end of the fiscal year when the contract is up for negotiation if you have a better bid to play."

Her enhanced eyes focused on their little details as she spoke, slowly losing her tired air for a more apprehensive one. A finger casually traced under her desk, feeling different buttons for specific and varied purposes. Company security, personal security, impersonal security, and her personal favorite, the one marked with a picture of a cartoonish villain laughing. How distasteful. Missionaries.

The two men raised their hands. "You'd be doing your local community a disfavour!" the blonde interjected, still upbeat and wide eyed with a salesman's smile - but tightening at the edges, "You'd be missing out on some great benefits, friends, and trading partners-"

"Yes, yes; Yes." The redhead appeared to notice his and his partner's welcome being overstayed, "not to worry, you shall hear from us in future," he settled for flicking a card towards Abhiya's desk, a twinkle sending the card spiralling into the desk.

"Due to our exclusivity deal with Cloverpaw, we cannot enter into any partnership-" Abhiya stopped mid-sentence as the card struck her ledger with a thunk. The lamia internally settled her train of thought and said, "And we do our local community plenty of good by giving back to all of our employees in numerous benefits, all of which you can read about in the pamphlets available on your way out."

She'd ended her sentence with a flick of her forked tongue. The two men were on their way - able to grab the aforementioned pamphlets and benefits provided by the Cloverpaw/Galacta partnership - and as they were walking across the lawn, a beeping noise could be heard, followed by a green laser point appearing on the back of the blonde, and tracing circles around the feet of the redhead, who looked up and double timed.

"Daryl, this one's on the naughty list," the redhead sighed, piling into the sedan before the factory's sentry security decided to turn the safeties off.

"Oh yeah." Daryl replied, loosening his tie as he got behind the wheel - a warning shot at the bonnet splattering a film of taffy into the paint and the windshield. "Couldn't get a good read on her - too much wetware," he sighed - but all he could figure out for sure about the manager was that she didn't like them.

Once pulled away and a couple of streets out of sight, Daryl pulled over, leaning forward into the dashboard and transmitting his findings about Galacta Candy via 'touching in' to Blue Sky's network. "We do the usual?" He said, scrolling through his usual list of contacts for trouble with a thought.

The redhead grimaced at his friend, "put your phone down, relax, I already left the calling card." A notification pulsed throughout the literally neural network - a new hotspot had been activated, and 'Galacta Candy' was now fair game for the Blue Sky Society...

A couple of weeks later...

CBD, Palmtree Park
    Afternoon, sunny with a light westerly breeze

♫ Phoenix #2772 - Rollerblade ♫

Just northeast of City Hall in Sargasso was a stretch of parkland which provided the more built-up section of Sargasso with some greenery, some visual breathing space from the skyscrapers and arcology-like Unit constructions, and above all else, somewhere to congregate and relax.

On a day like today, citizens were enjoying it - whether laying on the grass and watching the sky or jogging down the path, which wove through manicured palms - leaves shaking and rattling lightly in the breeze while the sound of hustle and bustle - particularly from hovercars, shopping, crowds of workers mingled with city officials for lunch break.

Amidst a cluster of mixed-development structures overlooking this park, the logo for the Blue Sky Society was visible, growing from a seed and blooming into a lovely tree upon repeat. The company was based out of four - allegedly five - floors of a tower they'd bought outright. They employed and paid a full staff, and everything seemed alright on the surface.

But the materials, wealth, credit, and clout for owning a slice of tower that large didn't come easy given the relative wealth of the surroundings. "...I wonder who has that sort of money?" Luca wondered aloud, on the phone to Seiren as he contemplated a picture of his mark: a blonde lady and business owner who was reported missing a few weeks ago. The only lead being she was a member of the Blue Sky Society, having joined a few weeks ago.

"The kind who either spoofs or steals employee badges. I've had to shut down for a week, now. But the kind of things that happened at the factory after their little visit were too organised." Seiren replied, at the helm of his factory as he tried to keep things under control. "My systems should have had them down in an instant, but instead I've got several lines missing key parts or mysteriously broken when they were just replaced. Whoever these guys are, they did their reading first."

"Sounds like you got a bad case of street samurai," Luca said, watching men in blue suits across the road trying to preach their dictum to passers by. The thing which creeped him out the most was the way they all seemed to walk and talk together, keeping on finishing each other's sentences and moving like a pack with synchronised marching, "got any other security for your place?"

Seiren's voice paused, then continued. "Corporate ninjas, rather. I've put word out to my contacts at Cloverpaw and they agreed to lend me some MBFs for security detail from here on out, so that much is safe - hopefully. I haven't heard of anybody hacking a dog, yet. Oh, and if you want one for yourself I might be able to swing a discounted rate. Them and their 'good faith' deals for those of us in the heroing business."

Taken by surprise, Luca coughed, "uh, I'll think about it," he thought the idea of a dog-shaped android doing patrol was incongruous. "Anyway, I've been keeping an eye on their building, taking note of who goes in and out," he said, noting a few common threads amongst the members - mostly young people, college aged. "I'm having trouble getting a good vantage point for their fifth floor - the glass is double-paned, prism tinted, and my glove reports psionic static generators concealed around the building's exterior."

"And this is why I never bothered seeing if I could psionics. Idiots like that slapping down blockers for cool powers. Can't turn off an electrical capacitor, though. Tech all the way~" Seiren taunted.

Luca shook his head, "these ones aren't public-security grade observe-and-report dealies - I have the feeling they've got plenty of other countermeasures rigged into the building," his professional pessimism and experience leaked in.

"The good stuff? Well, it fits the MO. Or evidence. Or whatever the right word is." Seiren finished. Not a second later, a loud crashing noise was heard on Seiren's end - and subsequent fumblings of the communicator.

"Seiren? What happened?" Luca asked, looking at the spectrogram from their end. He saw a face near the entrance to the tower the Blue Sky Society ran out of. They were watching him, and they saw his reaction to the sudden change in conversation.

"Some idiot just crashed a semi through the outer wall." He said, examining the damage from his balcony. "From here, it doesn't look so bad - to the truck, not the wall - and oh fuck why now."

Luca narrowed his eyes at the guy staring back at him, standing up and heading towards where he parked his bike. "Why what now?" he asked, mounting.

"Jockeys."

♫ GTAV - Wanted Theme 12 (4 Stars) ♫

The view swung back from Luca to overlook all of Sargasso for a brief moment, then shot to where Seiren was watching a worst-case scenario unfold. To onlookers, it looked like a ram raid - and a well executed-one. The truck had barrelled through the outer layer of Seiren's factory compound, and hot on its heels as it started reversing away - opportunists had swooped in, dressed in leather and smelling positively odious as they raided the facility for the promise of 'free candy'.

The worst part was, however, that the most convenient way of dispensing candy to those who wanted it (at very high velocity) was out of order.

"Luca, I'm going to need to call you back. I've got hounds of hell to let loose," Seiren sighed, pulling out a whistle.

"I'll talk to you face to face soon, and save some for me this time!" Luca replied, hanging up and kicking into gear with a roar and a wheelie. Along the way, he sent out an alert to other Phoenix Team members nearby to give Seiren a helping hand. After all, the he felt as though team had to look out for each other - because he'd do it for them.

Seiren meanwhile had blown the whistle, summoning his team of 8 small, dedicated dog-synths from the facility, all armed with adorable-sized riot control weaponry firing rubber slugs, restraining gel, and tear gas. The Apachoppers who were making a raid on the compound with crude melee weapons consisting of bike scrap and homemade guns and rifles.

Luca would arrive by next post; try as he might, he and his bike could not outrun the speed of the plot. There was also a traffic jam on Sargasso's highways, forcing him to find a longer route to Galacta Candy.

2. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Meanwhile, at the city's Hydro Dam.
    The weather bureau advises forty percent chance flying chelti in today's forecast.

Snuffles sat against their mountain crawler staring at the small overflow falls of the hydrodam as they rained down over the grey structure, drinking slowly from a cold bottle from under the seat of the crawler when their communicator buzzed. Sparrow was sat on the handlebars snoozing in the morning sun as his eyes opened slightly towards the device. Snuffles read quickly, before throwing the bottle away with a small crash of shattering glass and turning to leap over the large bike. Sparrow habitually tucking into the front of the aliens quilted armor jacket.

The roads to the Galacta Candy factory were short but cramped with mid morning traffic as the people who had avoided rushhour tried to make it to work without being too late. Snuffles decided to take a short-cut, looking over the sharp drop into town.

The weather cameras of the nearby Sargasso Weather Bureau were some of the first to pick up the flying motor vehicle and rider as they made the terminal of their upwards arc and started descending back down the impromtu take-off ramp. The weather station didn't capture the landing, but security cameras on the roof clearly pictured the bike knocking down a billboard and machine and rider treading a singular trail of destruction over one roof before going over the side of the building. Cameras in the street caught the bike not making the jump but instead riding up the side of the building like a monstrous bike version of wall running or surfing.

Personal cameras caught most the rest of the trip as the bike ran down, or up really, the main road until it ran out of continuous shopping front and had to curl a corner out of the mainstreet. A passing news drone caught it switch and ride along the back of the next set of buildings for another block until it arrived at the Galacta Candy building.

By arrived, meaning it landed three quarters of the way up and climbed the rest, lumbering with screaming ferocity and velocity over the wall and flying down the other side. Rider and machine separating. The bike bounced hard on its suspension with a concrete shattering crunch before rolling over and sliding on its side, maybe hitting a few of the attacking bikies as slid out of control through the compound.

It's rider, on the other hand, seemed perfectly in control as clawed feet dug into the chest of one of the bikies and used them as a human surfboard to break their fall. An intriguing, short but far from small, four-barreled shotgun in hand. Raising it to their eyeline, Snuffles fired a volley into the crowd, not aiming at individuals so much as sections of the crowd as they rolled, or slid, on their new chariot.

Four white nets materialized in front of the barrels for each shot and slapped into the chest and feet of four attackers, wrapping around them and each with a series of loud ratcheting clicks, tightened and mostly immobilized them for the duration.

As the human and alien slid to a stop, the big alien cracked the breech of its shotgun opened, four massive shotgun casings pinging out across the ground. Hand reaching for a speedloader.

3. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Gold's Gym, Sargasso - Hightide beachfront.
    "Get that body you want with Hard work!"
    2-Live Crew -NSFW- Hoochie Mama

Breyja oddly hadn't expected any sorts of trouble today so she had opted for hitting the beach for some workouts she'd been putting off. Sweat dripped off her face onto her sports bra as she lifted up a running shoe clad foot and wrapped it around her sparring partners arm and caught his outstretched forearm with her stomach, hand with her own and smiled towards the guy as she leaned back with her tail coiled around her leg the tap on her thigh told her he gave as the arm bar snapped taut. Rolling back through the sand she shoot the guys hand as he sheepishly ducked off and promised to pestering her when the 'playful match' went south for him.

Her music went back up to full blast as she grabbed the curling bar and started in on the second half of her routine. She had a happy workout buzz going on as she found herself rocking her head to the beat. The buzzing of her comm offset that real fast as she caught the message and let the bar hit the ground and she snagged her bottle of water and sprinted towards her bike. No time to plan just go it would seem as she yanked her bike suit on and throttled up with a throaty roar for Featherwall. In places where Traffic got thick she did what any impatient biker would do and split the road - weaving over onto the sidewalk when there weren't pedestrians and through one ways where she could. In the back of her mind she was fairly certain she'd have a few tickets to pay off for disturbing the peace and unlawful lane changes, Security camera's and private ones too would easily keep sight of her as she broke a record number of, for her, traffic laws in the span of blocks...

[Breyja will Arrive likely with Luca, Or through the hole where all the idjits have decided to pour in through the wall]

4. Sham

Sham Member

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-*
    *CRASH*

Ravnir groaned and rolled over on the stone bed that people like him preferred. The alarm clock that had dared wake him now laid in pieces on the floor, along with the wooden nightstand that had dared to house such an annoying device. Several other clocks were piled against one of the walls, all of them in a similar condition. His pillows and blanket were thrown across the room as well, laying in a heap next to the bag that held all of the Raiken's meager possessions. With a huff, Ravnir closed his eyes and settled back down, returning to bed.

About an hour later...

"Uh, sir, are you awake?"

A knock on the door roused Ravnir once again. He blinked sleep from his eyes and squinted at the nearby window, noting that it was past noon. He didn't even remember being tired enough to sleep so long. With a grunt, he sat up and turned his attention to the door and the nervous voice on the other side. "Mm, yes, I am awake. Did you require something?"

The sound of a key being inserted into the lock followed and the door creaked open soon after. A head poked into the room, attached to a rather short human male with short gray hair, combed to the side. "Well, sir. You've been here for a few weeks and uh... you haven't paid for your room..." His voice trailed off as he averted his gaze from Ravnir's own. He noticed the pile of broken clocks and nightstands, but he didn't mention them.

Ravnir planted his feet firmly on the ground and stood up, rolling his heavy shoulders and shaking his bulky frame, metal scales clinking against each other. "What do you mean, pay? I thought helping you was paying. Trade."

The innkeeper pushed the door open and stood in the doorway, rubbing the back of his neck as he replied. "Well, that has been rather helpful, but... I can't let you stay here forever without any payment. It costs money to run the place."

Ravnir frowned and furrowed his brow. "Hmmm..." He remained quiet for a few moments before answering. "What's... money and cost? I thought trade was fair."

The innkeeper stared at the Raiken, dumbfounded. After a minute, he managed to shake his head and gather his wits about him enough to supply an answer. "Well, it's like... special paper that is worth something to everyone. We trade it for things."

"Hmm, what if I don't want special paper? Can I trade for anything else?" Ravnir asked.

"Well sir, you trade for the... 'special paper', then you trade that for something else."

Ravnir paused for another minute while his hand began rubbing his chin. "Hmmm... mmmm... but why can't I just-"

A soft ding coming from Ravnir's bag pulled him from his train of thought. He turned and covered the distance in a single stride, fumbling through his bag to find the small tablet that he had 'acquired'. With all the care he could muster, he tapped it a few times, reading the message that Luca had sent out. A frown touched his lips as he read it. "Hmm... I have to go..." He mused as he gathered up his small bag and slung it over his shoulder. The innkeeper was visibly relieved, all too eager to step to the side to allow Ravnir to stride past with heavy footsteps.

"Have a wonderful day sir!" When Ravnir disappeared around the corner and he glanced back in the room, he muttered. "And please don't come back."

Outside, Afternoon Sargasso

Ravnir stepped out of the tucked away inn onto the busy afternoon street. The warmth from the sun brought a soft smile to his lips, but he didn't have the time to enjoy it. He had to figure out where the... 'candy factory' was. He wondered what candy was. All he knew is that it was very colorful. Like shiny rocks. A quick word with a passerby and Ravnir was on his way to Galacta Candy. He settled into a light jog, since most of the pedestrian crowd parted for him.

5. Luca

Featherwell, Galacta Candy Factory, Grounds
    Seiren watched the dogs of war get to work while the help was on its way. A pup levelled a weapon with a tube running from just behind the handgrip, leading into a tank carrying the weapon's ammunition: A rapidly-expanding, heat-activated, hardening sticky foam intended for riot control and crash protection. A whoosh of compressed air propelled the first in a volley of gel projectiles into some of the incoming Apachoppers. The intended targets were bottlenecked the hole in the wall, meaning one spray could net multiple targets.

When initially struck, the bikers were hit by a wad the size of a fist and slowly ballooning. Grabbing it meant getting it stuck on the hand, and more sources of heat upon the gel aggravated its expansion, growing and forming a hardened outer crust. This bound limbs, and multiple applications across other targets could mean forming a barrier out of a crowd, rooted to the ground and each other. And the gel became brittle after a couple of minutes.

The dogs knew first step in getting control of the situation unfolding in the parking lot was to cut off further access into the factory grounds. Hot on the restrainer's heels, the follow up was for ranks of other dogs begin firing rubber bullets at the revheads who'd trespassed, while tear gas was launched over the wall to begin dispersal of the rest of the group. Cameras around the property got a count of about twenty to thirty belligerents, with seven or eight of them stuck into place around the first breach.

The gang retaliated by creating another hole with their makeshift ram - or attempting to at any rate. The exterior wall bulged as their battering ram vehicle smashed into it again. The first time, they had speed and a downward slope on their side. Here, they only had a length of the street. Leaving the engagement to get a run-up ran the risk of being cut off by police or road barriers.

The crushing and grinding noise of concrete scraping and screaming against metal were obvious signals for the pup brigade to anticipate further attackers. Bottles and glass flew over the wall along with strong language, obscenities, shards of glass littering the ground as the smell of urine, blood, and petroleum rose in the summery air.

What neither side saw coming were the Chelti and their half-tracked monster machine, arriving where the second attempt to smash through the factory's walls was taking place. At first, the Apachoppers mistook the incoming rider was one of their own, but their dynamic entry confirmed their suspicions the Chelti was not on their side for this one. Half of the Apachoppers were neutralised (either by canine, or Chelti), and the fringes of the crowd were backing off when tear gas came into the picture.

Upon the hill Ravnir was jogging over, he could see Galacta Candy about a hundred yards away, with a view of the siege of the candy factory. The Apachoppers had more immediate problems to deal with than an arriving Raiken on the horizon. From behind, Ravnir could hear a motorcycle screaming at full pelt, and saw a red blur leap over the hill and down the road, leaving a wavy skidmark on the road as they came to a stop.

Luca had arrived stylishly, but he was keeping his distance - squinting at the Apachoppers who were breaking away from the main group to try scaling the wall themselves. Any attempts would be met with five rounds rapid of rubber, as one bandit wearing a biker's helmet ended up with his visor smashed in - knocking themselves out when they fell back down. "Seiren, I'm here," he signalled, "I've got a view of the back of the group-"

He caught sight of one guy getting a run-up to fling a lit molotov over the fence and shot in their direction - one laser pulse connected and caused the would-be lobber to drop the home made bomb behind them as they fell ahead. "I have a view of a bonfire now - and everyone's invited!" Luca appended as a fire begun to spread through the ranks. It had the effect of burning Snuffle's nets, and the fiery captives retaliated by lashing out and flinging themselves at the Chelti and trying to overwhelm them by sheer numbers - grabbing and trampling in their blind panic.

6. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Breyja hadn't bothered zipping up the full suit, and let the air dry her of the prodigious sweat she'd worked up out on the beach, a ping on her hud in her left eye informed her she had just been pegged as a nuisance. She was just waiting for her face to show up on bolo's for the police by now if it wasn't already there as the sports bike rocked beneath her. There was a screech of tires as she hit the curb and got a nice long look at the chaos in front of her. She was opposite and down the road of Luca and Ravnir it would seem as she'd moved around the far end of the roads on her way in. Which left her a nice view of flames in the distance and a wall of knuckle heads between herself and her teammates, "I'm just down the road on the other side of the chaos, Save me some marshmallows, yeah?" She shifted her weight from one foot to the next as she snagged her SMG and loaded it with simunition OC-17 rounds rounds set it on her shoulder with a smile and began hosing the back of the crowd with highly concentrated regret. The principal was like a pepper ball round, except these ones were military grade and possibly a war crime when used in large amounts, "We have eyes on the Ringleaders of this group yet?"

7. Moogle

Moogle Administrator Staff Member

Seiren, since the broccoli men incident, had always kept his grav-gauntlet on his person. So, when this all went down, he'd gotten it ready for use. Thankfully for him, reinforcements arrived quickly to help quell the parade of idiots oncoming.

"Do try not to kill anybody! I don't want to deal with a homocide investigation after all of this crap!" He called to the others, pulling in a chunk of rubble to then pulse back at one of the interlopers getting dangerously close to the factory. Even from his balcony, he could hear the sickening crack of the man's leg. "Breaking limbs is fine, though!" he hastily added. Seiren made his efforts more focused - taking the larger pieces of rubble the Choppers were using as cover and throwing them away so they were left coverless to be dealt with by his allies.

8. Sham

Sham Member

Ravnir paused as he crested the last hill between him and the candy factory. His eyes scanned over the battlefield ahead, somewhat disappointed to find it was just more squishy humans with fancy jackets. Speaking of, a roar passing by signaled the arrival of Luca, another squishy human in a jacket. He wondered briefly just how many he would see today. While he pondered that, he began jogging again, eyes on the fight ahead.

He wanted to be there already, knocking the silly humans around and showing them the err of their ways. A thought crossed his mind as he focused on that desire and his brow furrowed. He glanced side to side before placing a hand over his heart and muttering 'Lorsk'. "Hmm... maybe..." He started to say as the magic settled in the air. He never knew what would happen when he tried casting it. Before he could contemplate what had happened on previous casts, a small fire burst to life in his palm. He stopped to stare at the small flame for a few seconds, watching it writhe and sputter in the brisk sea breeze of Sargasso. After a few seconds, it shot out of his palm and sped towards the factory in the distance. It left a long red streak behind it as it sailed through the air.

Ravnir watched it for a few seconds before sighing and starting to jog again. "Hmmm... maybe I should write down what it does from now on."

9. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Snuffles slammed the speed loader into the breech and closed it to snap the loader off without wasting time extracting it. In a split second the shotgun was aiming at the crowd.

This time all four barrels blasted at once, a single large protein net forming in the air and catching a portion of the charging mass. Not bothering to reload, next the shotgun smashed a biker as it was hurled at him. Backing away slightly, Snuffles reached into their belt and pulled out a black cylinder which telescoped out to become a heavily notched club, designed to catch blades. Good for multiple lacerations too. Holding the club behind their thigh, one arem curled protectively in front of them as though used to wearing a shield, Snuffles now stood firm.

"Are you hard for me!" The big alien screaming in a screeching voice. "Are you hard for me!!"

In the Heroes Arms Hotel, Allison cringed as she realised last nights action movie might have been a mistake, and letting Snuffles misinterpret "Come on if you think you're hard enough."

She'd tell Snuffles the next time she saw them.

10. Luca

Featherwell, Galacta Candy Factory
    Between the tear gas Seiren's dogs were launching and the pepperball rounds Breyja was attacking the throng with, Luca hung back. "We'll find the ringleader soon," when a section of rubble was lifted away by Seiren, Luca had some clear shots to take the heat off of Snuffles. Speaking of elevated temperatures, he saw a red streak fly through the air, crashing against what was left of the crowd. Being on fire discouraged what was left of the eight or so Apachoppers who still had enough wits to flee, and the dogs moved in with water cannon and started cuffing the miscreants with loud, aggressive borking.

"On ya bikes, dickheads!" Luca taunted, giving a couple of the runners the finger as he watched them rout southwards and northwards. As tyre smoke lingered in the air, something occurred to Luca once the fighting had died down and the Apachoppers without a chest were gone, while those present were being borked upon.

"Where are the cops?" He looked down the streets, and around the corner - he couldn't hear the sirens over the sounds of pain from the Apachoppers or city bustle, or see any red and blue lights. A small crowd of bystanders had accumulated though, a few with cameras in their hands recording the incident. Noticing this, Luca had a question for the crowd: "Did it occur to any of you to call the police?"

A handful of people raised their hands, with a Hagblood woman piping up: "I called them a couple of minutes ago. They should be here by now..." She looked up, and didn't see the police drones nearby either. Following her gaze, Luca couldn't see any aerial surveillance - not even news drones.

The idea that the cops weren't responding was worrisome, but he would have time to contemplate why later. "Did any of you see which way their truck came from?" He asked, indicating towards the smashed van. The crowd remained quiet. "Don't be shy - I am an EAD called Phoenix, and this is my Team. We're here to protect Sargasso." He caught himself getting into character for these people, striking a pose with his fist, and unable to suppress the grin of cocky confidence he wore when he was in the zone.

That Unit was right. Old habits die very hard. Even if Jirou had told him to stay low, there was no ignoring the problems that the city was facing - especially if they were directed towards his friends.

From the bystanders, a few people had emerged, overcoming their fear of dangerous people and approaching Luca and Breyja. Ravnir seemed too intimidating to get to, and Snuffles - though doing the right thing - was perhaps sending the wrong message out asking if any of the Apachoppers were packing a semi.

"The truck came from Hellion Overlook," a blue-skinned humanoid alien with a tail, and yellow eyes pointed toward the northwestern mountain range which separated the city of Sargasso from its surrounding countrysides. "I saw it cut through the incoming lane to smash the wall."

"Thanks," Luca rendered a thumbs up With the truck abandoned and its engine still running, albeit sputtering, it was possible to investigate it further. The most immediate thing was the logo on the side, for a self storage company. Looking over towards where Seiren was, he gave the kid a wave, "Kid, we got some investigating to do."

Noticing that the dogs had also captured their fair share, there would be time for interrogations. "Get your secretary to squeeze some answers out of these malodorous bikers, I reckon." He radioed to the inventor.

11. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Snuffles was busy with the old fashioned way of crowd control when the bikers who could flee took the opportunity. Several with bloodied cuts and large lacerations on arms and heads. Snuffles stood panting in the sudden emptiness.

"Come on, I thought you wanted to hang out!" The large alien yelled out.

Some parts of Snuffles quilted jacket were scuffed and a few bits of blood stuck to it from some of the less fortunate aggressors, a few of whom might have been laying down in small pulls of blood after a strong blow to the head.

Fighting clearly done for now, Snuffles picked up a fallen apachopper, and looked around before dragging them over to Luca.

"Can I keep this one? I will do science to it." The chelti asked.

12. Moogle

Seiren hopped off his balcony position, easily landing on his feet thanks to his shock-absorbing shoes, once the fighting had died down and offered pets to the dogs as thanks for their services, all of them lining up for the treatment. Once all had desires sated, he began giving them new orders.

"Two of you guard the wall while two others get the metal foam to cover it up. The rest of you divide between rerouting the turret power and cleaning up the yard," he directed, sending each pup to their task. - but not before tossing his gauntlet to one of them to assist in cleanup.

"You all!" Seiren called, not entirely sure how to address the group of friends-in-arms, "Come up to my office in a bit. These assholes have messed with my business enough - It's high time we step up our game."

The inventor directed one of the dogs to hold the downstairs door leading inside open while he bounced back up to the balcony and back indoors. When the others followed the path indicated by the MBF guide, they were led to a fancy glass-walled office in a corner upstairs, overlooking the factory floor. The glass, however, was tinted so none could see through it. Inside, Seiren sat in his comfy chair, flicking things on an OLED screen on his desk.

13. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Snuffles dropped the goon, who made a soft grunt as they lay flat on the ground once more, before wandering to pick up their gun. Checking it quickly and nodding in satisfaction before closing the breech with a harsh snap. A soft flap of wings was heard and Sparrow alighted upon the big aliens shoulder.

Strangely the bird-shaped chatterbox was quiet this time, glowering at the dogs in the compound as Snuffles hoisted the weapon back over their other shoulder and walked through the open door, going up through the office. As they arrived, Snuffles snorted loudly, trying to clear their nose.

"Is smell funny here." It gruffed, clearly the scent of candy didn't agree so much with the aliens olfactory senses.

14. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

As the cruel and unusual punishment count began to stack up Breyja found herself easing up on the trigger a bit and firing off individual shots. At exposed faces, limbs, groins. You know, vital spots that would ensure they had the largest pool possible to question. The sound of tires and bikes drew her attention as she rocked back on her heels and brought her forearms up in time to be taken off her feet by a retreating Apachopper's club and dropped onto her back as her hands went numb. Thankfully her bike shielded her mostly from the kicks and revenge curb-stomping since she'd been in their direct line of retreat. She had zero intentions of uncurling as she felt the bikers blitz by her and a few of their weapons and tires fly by her head, once the noise died down she slowly got up and winced. Nothing felt broken, thankfully. Just a few bruises and a pair of very nasty bruises forming across the back of her forearms. righting her bike and looking at the cracked fairings her nostrils flared a bit before she kicked it into gear and stopped a few feet from, glanced at the logo on the idling vehicle and then cocked an eyebrow at Luca before glancing towards Seiren, "They scuffed my bike." A death sentence, to be sure.

15. Sham

Sham Member

Ravnir arrived well-after the metaphorical dust had settled, with the only remaining bikers being dead, injured, knocked out, or any combination of the three. His ground-shaking footsteps did a good a job as ever at clearing a path through the assembled crowd. Despite the excitement, passerbys still kept enough wits about them to move out of the way for him.

While making his way through the impromptu battleground, metallic scales clinking together with every step, Ravnir pondered whether he had missed anything important. He figured since all the fighting had died down before he had arrived, it was barely more than a scuffle. Disappointing. He considered investing in transportation, but then again, if a fight had ended this quickly, it wasn't really worth coming to anyhow. The large metal lizard stepped over a tipped over bike before offering a wave to his unlikely companions.

"Greetings. It seems I was not needed." He stated whilst scanning the damaged wall and the fancy building behind it. With all the glass, he imagined it broke well.

16. Luca

Galacta Candy, Factory Grounds
    A pair of Seiren's MBFs had started investigating the truck, hopping on each other's shoulders to reach the door handle, then jumping inside and fossicking about for anything of use. A moment later, a trucker's logbook had been produced, tossed towards Luca. "Ah, that's a start." He said, bending down to pick it up and skim it. "Good dogs." The book clapped shut and he tucked it under his shoulder as he begun corralling the others into Seiren's office.

To the Raiken's statement, Luca was quick to assure him that it was just the start. "We might have need of you yet. C'mon," he beckoned everyone over and into Seiren's office - while some didn't need coralling - Breyja and Snuffles already incensed to action. A scuffed bike was unforgivable, after all. With a whistle, Luca called his bike over and out of the street.

"As the kid says, we're stepping up our game!"

Galacta Candy, Seiren's Office
    Sitting on a leather sofa with a saucer in one hand and a cup of tea in the other, Luca found the interior of Seiren's office 'quite nice', nodding as he looked about at the inventor's sense of style and decoration. "A bit posh for me..." he mumbled, sipping. Upon the coffee table, there was a bowl of sweets - perhaps freshly made since they were still warm and without wrapping. Some coffee table magazines and literature were left there too, with a TV guide open.

On the guide's page, there was an interview with Jirou Harridan, also known as the Galaxy Rider, Handsome. Blinking, Luca recognised parts of the costume of his former comrade, and eyed Seiren. Hmm, so that's where the kid gets his motifs from. Small world... he contemplated as Seiren was pressing some buttons on his desk.

"Warning, if you get motion sickness from elevators I suggest you focus on a fixed point on the floor," Seiren said while he placed his hand on his desk screen, waiting for a ring to fill around it. Once it had filled, all the windows went fully opaque as metal shutters rolled down over them and the door, and the whole room's floor began to sink downwards at a quick pace. Luca sipped his tea, focussing on the saucer in his hand as the office descended. The room itself was surprisingly stable as it moved, none of the fixtures or furniture in the office had budged, aside from the initial jolt.

"Friends, allies, you're about to see something I've never shown anybody," the inventor continued as the room began to reveal a new area, clearly beneath the factory by this point. "Welcome to the Galacta Lab." Seiren swept his arms dramatically as the full extent of his workshop was revealed.

♫ Mega Man Zero 2 - Instructions ♫

The room revealed was quite expansive, with strange machinery occupying lanes upon lanes - likely all things to craft or experiment with. But, on one of the adjoining walls of the office-vator, a rack of various implements of destruction were lit by pale blue light.

"Well," Luca said, placing the teacup and saucer down as he drank in the sights of the kid's industry, oogling at the sheer amount of machinery and weapons, "got my home workshop beat by a county mile..."

"Don't sell yourself short!" Seiren said, popping out from behind his desk and striding over to the wall racks. "This took a LOT of capital to set up. Officially? This place doesn't exist. The basement for the old factory is filled in with concrete on the city plans. Took me a dog's age to get this all set up - and speaking of which, Cosmo!"

As Seiren called out, a starry patterned MBF with shifting fur appeared from behind one of the machine-lanes. The dog hopped over to him, ready and waiting with a wagging tail as he began to take things off the wall.

"We have..." Seiren declared as Cosmo held what appeared to be a rifle aloft. "Electro-shock sticky gun thing - I never named it but it fires a proprietary blend of electric projectile goo-fluid that I regret not being able to reduce to candy-eating use, a heat-spiker - uses another proprietary candy thing that allows it to fire superheated needles of ceramic-strength sucrose,"

Cosmo was grabbing each weapon and passing them to Seiren for demonstration, "a crazy multi-grenade launcher I never quite perfected but should do the job nicely - it fires grenades in a bundle through a small singularity and as the singularity wears out flings them in a wave forwards, A variety of foldup shields made of Hellenium for that light and easy to store - I suggest you take these since they include a divot for sticking your gun into for stability..."

With each new item taken he gave it a full flourish and display to his technically captive audience before handing it off to Cosmo to put back. Luca had eyes on it, tilting his head as though he was looking at something arousing. He gave Breyja a glance - gauging her reaction. Even so there was a nagging question. "Who bankrolls you again?" Luca asked unable to resist shooting the elephant in the room.

"Huh? Well, I had a sizeable paycheck from a job I did to fund my candy company, so I put the excess into my passions," Seiren replied, eyeing a hefty-looking gun that looked like a speaker mounted to a laser repeater. He decided against showing off that one, instead taking a buzzsaw-handaxe off the shelf.

"Most of this stuff is for dealing with those rock creatures we met about, but. . . I feel these will do nicely for any broccoli men or armored vehicles." Seiren said, plucking an octrahedron-shaped device off the wall.

"We're more likely to be dealing with much more squishier foes of flesh, blood, and poor hygiene," Luca pointed out, folding his arms, "though, if we encounter vegetables or a tank, I suppose we'll just deal with it, aye?"

The phone rung at Seiren's desk, coming from Abhiya's desk upstairs.

"Have a cryo-grenade-" Seiren tossed the device to Luca as the inventor rummaged through his pocket to pull out an earpiece and activate it. "Abhiya, what's up?" Luca weighed the bomb in his hand, tossing it up and down before clipping it to his belt.

"For a bunch of crude fools, they keep a relatively tidy logbook. I've loaded the coordinates to your comms for their point of origin into your comms. Otherwise, I'm calling out for the rest of the day. I don't want to be anywhere near this chaos." The oddbody told him.

"Fair, take the rest of the week off. I'll watch for the repairmen later," Seiren responded before cutting the call off. He tapped his earpiece twice, then pulled the paired comm device to pull out a small mag-striped card from it, then tossed it to Luca.

"We got our target. Grab what you want, if you have any questions about anything I haven't mentioned on the wall, just ask but otherwise I wanna get going." Seiren said, giving Cosmo a pat for helping with the demonstration. "And feel free to keep them for later use, like the goddamn broccoli men or worse - just don't let it fall into the wrong hands."

Luca nodded briskly, and approached the wall of armaments, rubbing his chin and positively spoiled for choice. "I'm like a kid in a candy store..." he chuckled, grabbing the candy spiker and giving it a heave, inspecting it himself, looking for what counted as the magazine release (which, instead of a magazine, held a colourful reservoir of the stuff in the middle of the rifle), cocking handle, and other elements, then aiming down the sights. Satisfied, he slung it over his shoulder and let it hang across his chest. "You heard the kid, grab what catches your eye, because we've got some truckers to crash!"

Even if nothing caught Ravnir's eye, the enormous lizard was practically a tank unto himself. Perhaps he could find some sustenance here at least, or some manner of arcane booster along the way. Some of the candy resembled gemstones, albeit made of crystallised sugar.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  17. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Snuffles large eyes followed as weapons were casually passed around the room. It peered at each in turn with a passive expression until it took a second look at the Singularity Grenade Launcher. It paused as the back of its mind worked, ticking over as dark thoughts came forward out of the black heart as many many ways to use this device came to mind.

Its clawed hand slowly reached forward and caressed around the handle of the launcher, hefting it up easily. Holding it up next to their body, the chelti felt down the side of the tool they had selected carefully. Taking in it's edges and lines, wide eyes drinking in details.

"Together we will achieve terrible things." It murmured to itself. Or was it talking to the gun?

It quickly tied a cord pulled from a pocket around the handle and the muzzle and slung the weapon over their other shoulder. Giving their trusty old faithful a comforting pat in the process. The big alien turned to Luca and blinked, something about the way it stood seemed more unsettling than usual, calm but somehow giving the impression of being coiled like a spring.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Breyja's eyes darted over the office as she sat rather primly, one leg crossed over the other and a hand over that, the other across the back of the couch as if she didn't currently have a large swatch of bruises across her arms and a nasty bruise across her lower jaw. So far she'd remained rather sedate and quiet the whole time which so far could have been a pretty good indicator she was thinking. The sudden jolt seemed to catch her attention as the room began to move and she coughed, "Oh for the love of... why?" She'd give Seiren a look all doctors and medics seemed capable of when they had just witnessed someone do something they thought may have been a bit much. Because he just became the focal point so she didn't get motion sick herself.

When the candy-man went on to demonstrate his weaponry Breyja shifted a bit and remained silent throughout and was visibly restraining herself at the grenade launchers demonstration which put a happy? Excited? look on her face. Though she held that off a bit, other, more effective members of the team could use it better than she likely could. Instead she stood up and proceeded to wander the length of the weaponry and the variety of ways the whole team was about to inflict death, murder and mayhem upon their enemies with a variety of confectionery and non confectionery delight. She snagged one of the shields however because THAT gave her ideas and she'd glance back towards Seiran with a amused tone, "Now if only you had some doomtrooper armor to go with this thing I'd just grab a shotgun and we could just Rip and Tear until the scores even for them assaulting my bike."

19. Sham

Sham Member

Galacta Candy, Factory Grounds

Ravnir grunted at Luca's assurance of him being needed before following the others into the large building. Some primal part of him wanted to punch one of the walls and watch the glass coming crashing down in a truly grand spectacle, but he resisted the urge. There would be a time and place to watch a glass building shatter. A time and place to contemplate such destruction.

Galacta Candy, Seiren's Office

Ravnir looked around the office with a perpetual frown. Extravagance was merely the mark of wastefulness. And extravagance was all too common out here. At least, Ravnir thought so. A vague memory of his clan hall came to mind. Thick, hand-carved, wooden pillars held up the slanted roof. Long stone tables were dressed with food and occupied by his clanmates. A fire roared in the center of the room, staving off the cold outside. Trophies adorned the walls, but Ravnir couldn't remember the tale behind each one. As the image faded, Ravnir let out a long sigh in an attempt to dull the pain in his heart.

With his homesickness tucked away, the Raiken realized that they were no longer where they had been. He raised a brow and started looking around, following the others into what appeared to be a very large... factory workshop. Ravnir was reminded of an Alliance factory that he had seen while being schooled. Except this factory seemed to produce much stranger things, rather than streamlined goods.

While Seiren demonstrated his various 'toys' and the others watched, Ravnir watched the machinery work away at producing more things. He had everything he needed at his literal fingertips. As he thought about it, his fingers tapped away at the metal safety railing that was supposed to protect him from falling, but he doubted it would support his weight.

Ravnir started mumbling under his breath in his native tongue, idly recalling a tale he vaguely remembered about one of the trophies in his clan hall. While his fingers tapped along the railing, the metal began to glow a faint red. He snapped back to reality and turned away to join the others, leaving the safety railing to slowly fade back to normal, the unfinished magic lost on it.

20. Luca

Galacta Candy, Seiren's Elaborate Underground Factory
    Satisfied with what he'd picked up, Luca looked to the others - Snuffles and Breyja had taken their fills, and they both seemed pleased as punch. The Chelti had been mumbling something odd. Something was up, the yellow stare of the alien was looking at something past Luca, beyond the walls of the workshop - seeing red. Breyja's enthusiasm was much more understandable. A Maidenhand with a new toy and sufficient ire to see it put to use - lest she lose her head mishandling it.

"Rip and tear? Do you know how hard it was to get the smell of broccoli out of the safehouse?" Luca mumbled, scratching the back of his head - recalling the distinctly over-boiled stench of rotten vegetable. No one had stuck around the warehouse long enough to notice how persistent the stink was, even days after the incident.

The man in red found Ravnir away from the group. The giant had no need for any of the gifts Seiren was handing out - and Luca figured that he'd end up breaking them with his immense strength. Any gift for the Raiken had to be built as tough as they were. When they wandered back to the group (and it was noticed quickly - each step produced a light tremor), the man in red saw fit to gather everyone's attention.

"Alright, before we head out and get our just-worth, do you have any decent medical facilities here, Kid?" Luca asked, looking for any green crosses, or other medical symbols. "We might need them, and my warehouse isn't the best place for an intensive medical procedure, given what happened there last time..." He felt a tug on his sleeve, and spotted an MBF pulling at him. The robotic canine was wearing a white pair of coveralls, wearing a hard-cased first aid kit like a backpack.

Glancing towards Seiren and blinking at the choice of automaton the kid used to staff his mad-science venture, Luca figured it was time to go before he saw anything else. His question was sorted. "Close enough, good dog." He patted the robot and cleared his throat. "Ladies! Gentlemen! Snuffles! Shall we?"

Breyja, Luca, and Snuffles recalled leaving their motorcycles in Cloverpaw's garage before heading into Seiren's office - and while the inventor was demonstrating his inventions, the three vehicles received some canine care in the background. All three bikes received a topping-up of petrol on the house, while the scuff that provoked Breyja's ire towards the Apachoppers had been waxed away and smoothed out. Even so, the dogs were keeping distance from the half-tracked monster Snuffles called a bike - dragging the thing into the shop was enough of a chore.

21. Moogle

Seiren invited everybody back onto the office-vator, including Cosmo who wore a well-fitted combat vest filled to the brim with the munitions for the weapons people picked up. The inventor himself was armed with electric goo launcher. Once everybody was aboard, he hit the switch and the group ascended once more back into the factory proper. Before they reached the top, Seiren went to a nearby cabinet and donned his grav-gear properly, including an overshirt that was a bit like flexible body armour.

Seiren helped the lot of them find the garage after the elevator reached its destination, and then clipped a pair of sphere-shaped skates onto his shoes and re-equipped his gauntlet. "I'll just be skitching onto one of your rides, don't mind me," he said, watchin Cosmo climb onto Luca's bikeseat.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice