Getting started: Welcome to Wandering Star Roleplay!

Discussion in 'Site News, Announcements and Feedback' started by Osaka, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Osaka

Osaka 100% ʁμИ Staff Member

Hi, nice to meet you!

I'm Osaka, one of our moderators.

To get started with Wandering Star, please introduce yourself in the New Players Introduction and Guidance subforum and we'll walk you through the process of getting you started and hold your hand if you're a bit unsure of what to do.

While posting your introduction, please be sure to include the kinds of stories you like, your favorite TV shows, a prop you like, a character you really like, your hobbies and past roleplay experience:

This way when we help you, we can help steer your first character in a direction that satisfies your preferences. If you're new to this and you might lead us to a few new things we haven't heard of that we'd like to look into ourselves.

We've also got a chat down below if you're interested. If you want to ping a specific user (for example, myself), type '@Osaka' followed by your message and I'll be notified of your post in my inbox without having to write a private message.

Just as a minor note:

We are an original setting and we emphasize original characters, locations and items. References, nods, tributes and little geeky injokes are always welcome but unlike a lot of other sites, flat out ripping something off isn't tolerated unless its your original intellectual property -- So no Startrek or Halo or anybody elses intellectual property here please.

New stuff like characters and items and locations need to be submitted through the moderation staff specifically for the purpose of balance and tuning, but really we just want to help you flesh out that thing you like so its rich and detailed: We're very interesting in why something is, not just what it is.

To this end, it also helps the world feel more real and it means if other players want to build on your idea or write about it, they have a deeper sense of its origins which lets us stand on one another's shoulders and produce an internally consistent world.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    ExperimentAlpha and Luca like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice