RP White Star Red Star

Discussion in 'Side Stories' started by Osaka, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Osaka

Osaka 100% ʁμИ Staff Member

LAST KNOWN RECORDING OF THE NOIRE FOLLOWS AS RECORDED FROM HER BLACK-BOX FLIGHT RECORDER SYSTEM AND LAST IMAGE.

TUESDAY
    DECEMBER 6TH,
    PA265

“Captain’s log…”

“DRIVE CHARGING.”

“This is my journey to uh… Go and see Michael. I’ve got seventeen tons of synthetic meat and I’m going to see if we find anything interesting. Run one thousand fifty six day nine hundred fifty seven insurance checkin for, Rolf Osterberg pattern two, delta charlie zero seven zero, confirm for transit over TK trade-route niner seven… Okay that’s the basic stuff out of the day. I want to show you something I have been toying with. I don’t know if this has been talked about before but once you’ve seen it, you can’t unsee it.”

“HYPERSPACE DRIVE READY.”

“We’re going to make a few jumps using a … H&S T180 Drive... I was at the Karu scatteron, getting ready for a trip to the white expanse but let’s make our jump… Bit of a briefing first…”

“So… During the hyperspace jump, there are two specific dots we’re looking for, a red and a white, visible light. They’re not stars, because everybody knows there aren’t stars in Neverwhere and everything else is just the light that followed you in or the outlay of your own field projection or some bullshit numbers involving your arrival destination based on smeared causality where you see your arrival point even before yuo decide you get there — So I’ve got no idea what these two are. “

“FOUR… THREE… TWO… ONE… DRIVE ENGAGING…”

Alien - "Dawn"

“Boom! Alright, So here we go. There’s the white one, bottom right. And its gone… And let’s see if the red one shows up? There’s the red one right there… And…”

The recording filled with a low rumble of a hull being twisted and then the rumbling sound of the jump played through the sonic-detectors as the ship fell out of hyperspace.

Three tones signed off, indicating a safe jump.

“FUEL COLLECTION… — DRIVE CHARGING.”

“Sorry guys, I had to mute some people on comms. Okay, next jump. I don’t know if they’re going to come out in the log or the cast but we’re looking again for the two we saw, one in the bottom left, the red one in the upper right so let’s see if a pattern occurs. We gotta do one more cus its freaking me out. Let’s go again…”

Deep breath, quiet laughter.

“Every time I do this… There’s the white, on the left. And there’s the red, bottom in the center. And then it jumps me out. It seems to me that if there’s only two of these things, what are they there for? They can’t be stars. They’re not travellers. Are they like some kind of compass or maybe they tell us something about the shape of the Neverwhere? I don’t really know. I’m just wondering there if there’s something — y’know, like the seven veils or whatev—”

Long silence.

“You heard that right? The little girl? I thought that was my comms or echo a minute ago, but I heard it. I definitely heard it…”

Three tones again.

The sound of drink through a straw. Flips of switches. Very eager…

“DRIVE CHARGING.”

“Okay let’s do a third one. Maybe I’m crazy and this is something I’m seeing and nobody else is, who knows but once you see it, you won’t unsee it. Dial up some power… Relay over and…”

“There’s the white… r..Right away…

The hull was really shaking this time.

“And there’s the red… So maybe it means something if the red is on the left or the red is on the white or something. Maybe it means something if one is on the left, one is on the right or two reds or two whites. Maybe there’s something we’re not getting.”

“There’s the white…”​

[​IMG]

“Where’s the red?”

RECORDING ENDS

----

THE DEBRIS OF THE MEDIUM FREIGHTER NTT NOIRE WAS DETECTED IN THE VICINITY OF THUNDERHEAD 44 HOURS AGO CIRCA TUESDAY, 6TH OF DECEMBER, PA265 .

WRECKAGE INDICATES MECHANICAL STRESSES WERE THE REASON OF THE NOIRE'S DESTRUCTION DURING HYPERSPACE TRANSIT ERGO NEVERWHERE THOUGH NO CAUSE OR REASON FOR SUCH CAN BE IDENTIFIED AT THIS TIME, NOR CAN ANY BE POSTULATED.

AT THIS TIME, THE UNITY PROTOCOL WELCOMES INVESTIGATION AND IF THE SPECIFIC BEHAVIOR PATTERN CAN BE REPEATED FOR SCIENTIFIC STUDY A SUBSTANTIAL REWARD OF d440,000 IS AVAILABLE.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice