[Players Wanted!][18+] The Salvage Marines: BlackStar Company.

Discussion in 'Lorath Matriarchy' started by Ashlinn, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

PLOT Synopsis: Given the Wild, yet somewhat controversial, success and Moral-Boosting capabilities of one 'Captain' Sarn's proposition to structure the Non-Lorath Auxiliaries to better fit in with the Lorath and prove their worth while benefitting the Goddess's vision it has been 'tentatively' approved that the Salvage Marine initiative remains open for recruiting. This Plot is a small 'time jump', Separate from the LSDF Val'ta's exploits within the E-11 system. The Fleet Based 'company' has managed to assemble, and build their own mothership using materials and resources pulled from the systems asteroid belt. This plot will revolve around the Exploits of 'The BlackStars'. The Salvage Marines experimental special ops group assigned to the BlackStar Military Services DDC-237 'BSMS Lady Luck', A Corvette Class ship.

Most of the off ship action will be handled via insertion on an ACV.
    ACV's, as noted on the Wiki are home to an entire platoon of Salvage Marines. Each chip is modular and maintained by the Salvage marines as well as the small (12 man) logistics team attached to the ship and the 4 man pilot rotation designated to keeping the ship in space, with the 'Captain' of the ship being the Senior Shift Leader on hand, often times the highest ranking salvage marine assigned to lead the Platoon.

ACV's are also compact mobile refineries and designed to take a beating in hostile environments in order to complete their job. For the BSMS Lady luck? It's the testing of an experimental FTL drive that sees the group spat out a an unknown number of AU's into unknown, uncharted, potentially hostile space.

Welcome to just another day in The BlackStars, Marine.

[GM NOTE: Looking for a minimum of 2-3 other Players to join in - All spectrums of the Lorath wanted, including the Non-Lorath Auxiliaries/Human contingents. Information on the Structure of the Salvage marines can be found here on the Wiki: REAPERs 'Captain' of the Ship will be played by myself and will be Episodic in content/pacing.
    There are plenty of slots open even if more than 2-3 people join in, everything from a junior shift leader to a lowly grunt are up for grabs. Even Logistics/supply or a pilot is open to be snagged. RP in this thread potentially will effect established Canon and further refinements to the Lore for the REAPERs.]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. Luca

Luca Administrator Staff Member

I had an idea for a character:

A robot with two forms: An off-the-shelf, stripped-back android for walking around the ship and interacting with its crew - as well as walking around through the void along the ship's hull and through hazardous environments - they're pressure rated and sealed up for it. This android gets regularly re-configured to fit the odd jobs on ship too.

Their other chassis, is a remote-operated, ship-breaking centipede. Its chitino-metallic carapace is ten feet long outstretched, fitted with plasma saws, a laser cutter, entirely too many scurrying legs, and writhing propulsion. Its a fearsome appearance, and they know it. The model itself belonged to a now-defunct company, and was passed through who knows how many hands before reaching Blackstar.

For a name, I was thinking: SA-LVA. They respond to "Sal".

I haven't thought of the specifics of its face-friendly shell yet, but I'll try drawing something up.

Ashlinn likes this.
  3. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

Should give him a mini-companion named Meepo to complete the shenaniganry, or Diego.

In all seriousness? That's a pretty interesting idea I hadn't considered 'non-humanoid crewmembers outside the normals' I'll rubber stamp the idea just on the uniqueness and challenge of the role/character itself.

4. Ennis

Ennis New Member

C.A.S.S:
    Freelance psionic physician/counsellor. Corruptions in baseline code makes them more human than expected to the point of developing a full identity and shifting personality matrix. Extreme mental trauma from a decade or so of isolation, has experienced ego death. After a decade or two out and about in the galaxy, realizes it's kinda hard to explore your own emotions while on the job.

Up for a wide range of topics, moreso exploring dynamics of cultures and individuals.
    https://wiki.wanderingstar.online/character/cass

This alright?

5. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

C.A.S.S gets the Salvage Marines seal of approval.

I'll have something up in the next couple of hours to 24hours. (Monday night at the minimum)

Luca likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice