Osaka's doodle thread

Discussion in 'Creativity' started by Osaka, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Osaka

Osaka 100% ʁμИ Staff Member

Heads up, made a doodle board. Gonna put my work here.

Luca likes this.
  2. Luca

Luca Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you can direct link attachments from SARP. You will have to re upload them here.

(I'm not logged into SARP on this device, so I can't see the images.)

3. Osaka

I'll fix it in a little bit. Really glad to have the house feel normal again.

4. Osaka

[​IMG]

Lora Plauralunga Yanranquoraus

A big scary monster that the horned trap you saw the other day is 'based on'. It floats on vacuum bladders in atmos and uses syphons like an octopus to move through the air, like an eastern dragon mashed through a HR Geiger filter rather than those shitty western dragons that need to flap their wings like massive plebs.

Its got like three ribcages and two huge wombs for squeezing out eggs because these fuckers are awful awful infestations that reproduce like crazy. Like, nuke it from orbit level crazy.

The idea is to come out with the most outlandish thing I possibly can, then slowly work it back into more conventional shapes that are less weird.

I figure it abuses that genetic plasticity like l'manel have and takes people to use for itself. It has no "mind" of its own that's ultra-complex, so it forces a person to blend into its body and gains decision making and other complex dynamics.

So it reverse-aspects. This makes it really fucking dangerous to attempt aspectation with and frighteningly intelligent.

The little tiny arms are the same as the vestegal 'wings' on a Lorath - basically, useless for anything that doesn't happen at a personlike scale.

I figure this is a "mating" of a male and a female, like a hellish take on the Angler Fish's bonded reproduction cycle, where the male is permanently bonded as a subordinate to the female.

In this combined form, the top limbs also open up like the bottom ones, with spines a bit like a praying mantis.

It also breathes radioactive fire because it eats uranium ore for ballast, hella hard scales and combined with organic nanotubes it breaks it down organically (wow) into plutonium which combusts easily and also because and fuck you.

#OriginalCharacterDoNotSteal

Edit:

Note to self: Unlike Lorath who can't taste capacin, it can. It breathes plutonium fire but it hates spicy food, which is utterly utterly adorably cute. Very moe, like a dragon girl from a slice of life anime.

I need to add in spines down the back, two by two like godzilla resembling a children's teeth. I figure it can curl the topside of its tail around something and really grapple, biting as it squeezes with the spines? And the split limbs, they're like the clamps on a mantis. It squeezes things to death, or burns them if it doesn't want to eat them.

Why is it so sexy ;3;​

5. Osaka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]##[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Osaka

upload_2016-10-4_0-56-26.png

7. Osaka

8. Osaka

9. Osaka

10. Osaka

11. Osaka

12. Osaka

upload_2016-10-14_23-2-31.png

Why can I draw these but not faces?

I am worst girl. WORST GIRL.

I AM DOOMED TO DIE FUJOSHI​

13. Osaka

14. Osaka

15. Osaka

16. Osaka

17. Osaka

18. Osaka

19. Osaka

Edit: Does anyone know a good way of indicating the positions in three dimensions around an object without using a map in the conventional sense? The closest guide I can think of is the 3D waypoint indicator from Ghost Recon Online Do you think it'd make sense for a UI like this to also use sensor data to compile a 3rd person HUD too? How do you feel about that? Edit: Mucking about with some ideas for team-mate and drone indicators. Each set of four dots represents a designated wing of units, complete with wing-callsigns. In addition, onboard drones are also represented similarly using the 'shell' assembly in the upper right. The inner shell's left and right sides are the drones on the left and right arms and the outer set, the legs, making sixteen total in this specific case. The gaps also mean the status of other linked hardware can also be shown.

The different states of the dots represent their current conditions... The white dots indicate a unit is manned - a gray dot that a unit is unmanned. Yellow dots indicate a unit has taken damage (with saturation indicating whether or not its a drone). A hollow dot indicates a unit has either departed or current condition is unknown. A red dot indicates a unit has been destroyed. A total absence of a dot indicates the wing was not fielded with full units. A ring indicates a CLASP formation (which in this specific example has a manned unit and a drone with two units missing in the second wing). A cross indicates a wing has been totally wiped out and an absence of a wing (just like an absence of dots) shows no wing was fielded under that designation. These are used to indicate the units fielded, in this case, the Winter for the sake of posterity.

On the left, we have a terminal, showing current statuses, updates and events in the information datalink - for example, who is engaging what or decisions as they are made by any automatic units. On the upper right, we have the shell indicator. This tells us about our drones or whatever hardware we're fitted with: The inner ring is the lower body and the outer body is the upper body. In this case, one Mercury drone on the upper left arm has been destroyed, one is currently fielded, two are fielded from the left leg and two are active (white/glowing). Its a bit simple and it needs work, but its coming along nicely - the idea being you glance at the diagram. The idea is so pilots using the OS running will be able to describe how a character perceives information and their emotional reactions to it. At least, that's the idea, anyway. It also makes for good fluff, I guess. Edit:

Live system indicator: While a 3D diagram is fine, it means the expected locations of information is constantly being shifted which would be counterintuitive since every time you look at your diagram, you'd need to find your bearings and point of relation to find new information. Instead, I've gone and listed every major system, alongside different categories. Colour dictates the status of a system (purple: Under repair. Yellow: stressed/overheating. Red: Shut-down). The lines under the headings indicate which part links to which in terms of location and what the categories are: top right is arms, bottom right is legs, middle is torso and head and the left is system extensions and plugged in devices. The diagram is also going to include the status of terminals (the doll like joints) and extensions (objects linked by terminals). Terminals are designed especially to separate, dislocating in a controlled way while ripping the structol substrate tendons and stretching the core fibre (like a stretchy wire running through the interior of all extensions, like the root of a plant in the ground or like the wire giving tension to a doll's joints). In theory, a limb could be purged and reattached at a different location, or even swapped in the heat of battle in this way. As for the status of the exterior and physical construction of the machine, I'd rather that be more visceral, left up to physical sensation. Not necessarily what we'd consider pain but a divorced idea of it -- that you're 'aware' of the sensation but it doesn't limit your movement or reduce your willingness to do things, the same way you're still aware of severe pain on morphine but you don't let it get in the way. The only time it would ever become associated with the user is if for whatever reason it threatened the user (for example, cabin damage or attacks to critical systems) but even then it wouldn't be what we think of as the negative/avoidance association so much as a higher emphasis of pain. Edit:

I'm still debating adding what would amount to progress-bars behind each text-element, indicating the total percentage either of performance or damage of the component but I worry it would visually over-complicate the diagram, ruining its usefulness - since the black contrast behind the text really helps the legibility enormously.

I'm also looking at other examples. Transmission, a torrent app for Mac OS X is particularly interesting.

Attached Files:

20. Osaka

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice