Luca's Making Games!

Discussion in 'Creativity' started by Luca, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Luca

Luca Administrator Staff Member

I used to make games!

Here are my old ones! I made them between 2008 and 2012!

And here's the newest one! Luca6! (name pending!) I'll be updating this periodically!
    Enjoy them!

Osaka likes this.
  2. Sham

Sham Member

Played it. Getting stuck on walls when running into them, I don't THINK that's supposed to happen. Otherwise works =D

Osaka likes this.
  3. Luca

Today I've added weapons, blaster mechanics for one weapon (the other two have infinite ammo for the moment), a simple and dirty weapon select, some UI, and some dummy enemies around the arena. In addition, you can hold a charge and move on a wall, rail or ladder at the same time now. Fully automatic weapons will lock you in place.

New Controls
    Z = Shoot (Hold for charge shots on the Mk. 8 Pistol)
    F = Aim Fix (Locks your aim while you have the Shoot button held down)
    A & S = Change Weapons. Currently available weapons are at IDs 0, 1, and 10 (Displayed over your character's head)

Osaka likes this.
  4. Luca

I've been working on the non-blaster, traditional bullet layout. I have come up with the following interfaces for not-rechargeable energy weapons.

[​IMG]

Top Left = Weapon with between 50 and 75 shots. Itty bitty 3 by 3 dots, but not many of them.
    Top Right = Weapon with over 75 shots. Has 100 itty bitty 3 by 3 dots in total, will only display the last 100 bullets.
    Bottom Left = Weapon with 16 or under shots. Big and chunky for shotguns, revolvers, grenade launchers and the like.
    Bottom Right = Weapon with between 17 and 50 shots. Slightly chunky but still reasonable.
    Bottom = What happens when I don't set up my UI code correctly.

Not Pictured = Weapon with 8 or under shots. Very chunky!

Next, sprites for weapons planned out, and the ammo/slot weapon select system!

Osaka likes this.
  5. Luca

Here's a sprite for the Mk. 8 Laser Pistol.

I'll incorporate it into the Wiki too.

Attached Files:

Osaka likes this.
  6. Luca

And now, a diagram that shows the evolution of weapons, starting with serviceable stats, ammo capacities, and the like at the start, then getting better as you upgrade them from 1 to 3. (The stars in the Ammo HUD up the top designate that level of your currently equipped weapon. Its currently set to 1 throughout for testing purposes)

GunsWithUpgrades.png

The outlines designate the weapon's weight. White = Backup, Green = Light, Blue = Medium, Red = Heavy

Better still, I can incorporate these into the wiki, perhaps without the outlines...

Osaka likes this.
  7. Osaka

Osaka 100% ʁμИ Staff Member

Love your work. Wall clipping is a bit iffy but its great. Was awesome seeing you demo it first hand when you visited earlier this year. How are things?

8. Luca

Here's a video I uploaded a while ago. Its a bit loud, so turn the sound down, but it shows progress as of a while ago. I've been adding more little by little but my life situation has been a bit hectic. With any luck, things stabilise and I can focus more on this project.

9. Luca

10. Luca

I have two videos for you. This one's more recent:

And this one was uploaded a while ago, showing off some amazing shooty alt-fire.

Osaka likes this.
  11. Osaka

Osaka 100% ʁμИ Staff Member

NANANANINICNINICENIANAINAISU

12. Luca

Oh, now we're going places. Needs refinement, and maybe a new sprite style altogether, but the basic idea of multi-layered sprites works.

13. Luca

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice