ART COMMISSIONS: Heraldry Art from Puffy

Discussion in 'Site News, Announcements and Feedback' started by Jimmy, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

Greetings all,

As a belated gift to the site, I've purchased some art slots from an available artist for the site and would like to offer them as a gift to the site. If you have any logos or other insignia you wish to be made, please reply to this thread with a description of the request, and links to references.

Format will be in 1500 x 1500 pixel format.

I'll update this post as slots are fill.

SLOT 1 COMPLETE - Jimmy - Octopus Heraldry "Nothing is beyond our reach."

Description: Heraldry for chelti general. Possibly of a large cephalopod with tentacles encircling a planet.

[​IMG]

SLOT 2 COMPLETE- Jimmy - Harumi's Club "On Butterfly Way"

Description: Logo for Harumi's bar, lounge, stage, function centre, etc... Probably a purple outline of a butterfly on the wing trailing sparkles and flower petals. It looks like it should be flapping its wings right in front of the viewer, and in hologram projections it does.

[​IMG]

SLOT 3 COMPLETE - Luca - Phoenix Team "Saving The Day"

Description: Geometric(?) Phoenix from the flames. White bird, orange background. Pixel art available. (Help me out here Luca!)

[​IMG]

SLOT 4 COMPLETE - Ashlinn - REAPER "Sow and Crossbones"

Description: REAPER logo would likely consist of a Bust of the reaper and instead of crossbones, likely crossed scythes in, rough white paint with a Bust of the Reaper overtop. The REAPER corp is a group of humans stuck on a lorath exploration ship who have created their own reason for existence as mercenaries and salvage crew.

The Reaper bust
    [​IMG]

SLOT 5 COMPLETE - Moogle - Hekate Logo "Magic, Technology, Harmony"

Description: The Hekate logo consists of a coin with a silver wand emblazoned in the center with light beams projected from it to the other edges of the coin before reaching the outer edge, which is banded gold. Plants swirl outwards from where the coin meets the bottom of the logo.

[​IMG]

SLOT 6 - Jimmy again - Octopus 2, tentacle boogaloo. "Send my regards."

Description: More stylistic Octopus presentation. Limited color palette, almost black and white, designed to be stenciled onto paper and objects. A calling card for an enigmatic chelti commander. The body of the ceplalopod should either over or under the eight orbs reaching out to swirl around them possessively, two smaller tentacles curl around themselves from the centre where the beak would be. It is almost, but not quite symmetrical, subtle differences in the waves and curls of the tentacles betray a disjointed and unpredictable nature.

SLOT 7 COMPLETE - Sham - Raiken Flag "A Scale In Space"

The Raiconian alliance is an authoritarian state with a bloody history and reputation born of reclusiveness and conquest. They have only recently begun to open up to the rest of the galactic community.

[​IMG]
    [/SPOILER

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  2. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

SLOT 8 - Luca - Kingdom of Albion "Big Space Gun"

The Kingdom of Albion uses the gigantic space railgun and starport Orbital Object Null as its coat of arms, instrumental in the liberation of the planet from foreign oppression. This presentation is extremely symbolic rather than realistic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SLOT 9 - SITE - WSO Logo "The Wazzer"

The original WSO logo need to be discussed and members need to be consulted on what the new and/or improved logo will be.

[​IMG]
    The first WSO logo.

[​IMG]
    A full size version of the compacted Favicon version

SLOT 10 Undefined
    [/SPOILER]

Examples of the artists other work:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  3. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

You mentioned the REAPER's in the discord So... Here ya got mate -
    REAPER logo would likely consist of a Bust of the reaper and instead of crossbones, likely crossed scythes in, rough white paint:
    [​IMG]
    With a Bust of the Reaper overtop:
    [​IMG]

4. Moogle

Moogle Administrator Staff Member

Well, the only one that isn't something I could do (And therefore not justify taking up extra slots that other people might need) out of my own things is Hekate's Logo, which I've only written as so:

Attached Files:

5. Sham

Sham Member

6. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

I'll update this when I get back this afternoon. I'll also start chasing up a couple of people for references on how they want it done.

7. Luca

Luca Administrator Staff Member

I've been thinking of getting an improvement to the logo for WSO.

The following are items which we have used for Logos, and seem logo-worthy in general. I want to see if its possible to combine some of these together somehow.

zkNUbuh.png
    A symbol @Osaka made for the Kingdom of Albion/Orbital Object Null

KingdomOfAlbion.png
    My take on the logo, with some colours.

AlbionMat_Flipped.png
    Both items combined, for use in a game I enjoy playing.

WanderingStarLogo.png
    The first WSO logo I made.

favicon.png
    A Favicon version of the above, often used for watermarks.

WS_Logo_Huge.png An expanded Favicon, currently in use now.

I'd like to see what you could do with creating a logo along these lines, improving on what we've built.

8. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

APPROVED

Will add to list. Also, good idea with the spoilers.

9. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

I've finally figured out how the Spoiler tags work and have compacted the thread accordingly. There should now be References embedded within the opening post, and I've added a second piece of artwork to Puffy's Previous Work post. We still need one more to do, and I'm going to ask a few folks who haven't made requests yet.

I'm also about to pay Puffy the full amount owed for this work, so please make sure you've all prepared your requests as much as possible before she gets to you. I'm not asking for a refund if I like it but you think it's wrong.

Recent events I've caught wind of have convinced me the need of a term of service, or rather perhaps a guarantee. Therefore, I state here and true that the art produced from this is free for recipients to use on other websites or RP as they see fit as long as the site and myself have unlimited use of it also as commissioners. This should help clarify if there are any misunderstandings about what this art is for.

10. Jimmy

Jimmy Member

It appears we've hit the limit on the OP, good thing I also reserved the second post. Good work, team. XD

11. Puffy

Puffy New Member

I have now completed Slot 1-3, I will begin with slot 4 soon. Feel free to bother me on Discord if you got any questions.

12. Puffy

Puffy New Member

Slot 4,5,6 waiting for Jimmy's approval before I move onto slot 7

13. Ashlinn

Ashlinn Member

I'm all good with the last two you sent me over discord, Great work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice